Hi my friends,
How is your week treating you? I hope well. The chilly weather is upon us in the North East. I have been pounding making as much money as possible and every turn I get hit with another bill. How do you manage your money? or does it manage you? Let me know – I want to help people learn how to use their money.
For now lets get to these tips on time management.
Set Aside Dedicated Areas for Various Aspects of Your Time
One way to help yourself manage your time better is to keep things separate. If you have a specific area to accomplish a goal, you’ll be able to get your mind dedicated faster to that one task. It might seem like a pipe dream, but if you really want to be creative, find a space that makes you feel creative and go to it each time you need that extra creative spark. In that way, you become more in charge of how your time is spent.
- A Reading Cubby – You may have had one in elementary school, a little place that you could go for quiet reading time. You can do this at home easily by just setting up a chair in the corner of a living room, bedroom or office that is set up with good light for reading and if necessary the proper electronic components if you want to read by laptop or Kindle.
- A Mail Checking Station – This works especially for snail mail and is best if it’s close to the trashcan. Get the mail in, and immediately go through it, tossing the trash, and then taking the mail to the computer in order to schedule, process and pay bills.
- Games Only – Some people cannot afford this but it is something that will truly help you manage your time better. Separate your work computer from your fun computer. At the very least create different sign-ons to your computer: one for work, one for games. This way you won’t be tempted to check work when you’re having fun, or play games when you’re supposed to be working.
- TV Time – It’s very different to get work done, or even read a book with the TV blaring. Having technology in the bedroom is also not conducive to a good night’s sleep. Consider having the TV in only one room in the house and only using the TV during limited hours.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – Eating is a very important part of your day and should be treated as such. If you eat all over your home and office there is no true break or time to digest your food. Take the time to set the table, and eat at the table or breakfast bar in order to differentiate the time spent on eating, versus working, versus play.
- Resting and Sleeping – There is nothing wrong with taking a nap on a rainy Sunday afternoon, but you want to be very careful about sleeping and resting during the work day. Plus, you want to avoid working when you’re supposed to be resting and sleeping. Make your bedroom a peaceful oasis away from the rest and go there when you need a break.
- Being Social – So often, the internet becomes a substitute for true social gatherings and due to this easy access to a social life, it can be all too simple to flow from work to being social accidentally. Like with gaming, set up specific times to be social – whether it’s out of the house, outside of business hours, or on the computer.
- Exercise – If you don’t have time and space set aside for exercise, it’s unlikely you will ever do it. Set aside the time, and the space, even if you have to go to a new space. If you get to the new space, you’ll automatically reach your exercise goals because your surroundings will inspire you.
Setting up different areas to get various activities done will help you differentiate your time better, be more organized, and get more done than you thought possible. Creating dedicated areas for specific activities is an excellent time management tip that will work for most people.
I hope this has helped you in some small way. Drop a line and let me know I love to talk.
Now this is my joy to teach The 15 Invaluable Laws of Leadership. This is a free offer you just need to buy the book. Come and join in we would love to have you with us on the journey. contact me to see what it is all about.
Just as with anything we do we care about bringing you the best. We are here to help you design your best life by living a life unlimited. We love to read your thoughts and criticisms. Drop us a line.
We help people design their best life by living a life unlimited. Let’s talk soon.
If you have a chance drop your name and email to get a handle on your finances. CLICK HERE
Thank you for your continued support.